Wednesday 6 February 2013

Giving up the Goods

I've decided on a new mini series – letting you in on the little secrets The Sticks has to offer. From boutiques and bars to beauticians and, well to more bars, I'm Giving up the Goods on where I go in the country.

Hot date on the horizon? Or just in dire need of some spit and polish body work after having let yourself go in January? Well the Beautique 12 salon in Cheltenham's Montpellier is the place to go for some much-needed maintenance. 

Having rough palms from manning horse shit-shovelling equipment from a young age – told you I was a bumpkin – and actual callouses on my finger tips from so much typing, my mistreated mitts were in need of some TLC. The lovely gals at Beautique 12 heard my plea – I may've mentioned it once or twice on Twitter (@CharleyLarcombe) – and offered to squeeze me into their busy late night opening on Thursdays to rectify my talons. 

The tiny salon is unceremoniously found on Montpellier Walk and up narrow stairs to a first floor set of rooms decorated in Farrow and Ball Mouse tones and French chic accessories. The lighting is soft, so you don't look half as tired as you feel, with twinkling chandeliers on side tables and chalk board 'menus' on the walls. I immediately liked it because it wasn't stark and Scandinavian and clinical or full of bamboo and whale music – the two regular camps salons seem to fall into. I was greeted by Sophie who's plum uniform matched her nails and who's make up was natural and English Rose as opposed to
 over-worked and British Brazen. 

I'm normally a Shellac girl but Sophie recommended I tried Gelish, a similar gel UV dried polish, only better for your brittle nails. Following the professional's orders I duly gave it a go in a nigh-on signature red. I can't help it. I love all these gorgeous buttery colours that are so en vogue but call it the Mae West in me who can't keep clear of anything leopard print, I always want red siren nails. I'm a tramp. 
This occasion I opted for Stand Out. The name says it all. 

Within 40 minutes I had perfectly manicured nails which would look equally at home tapping shinily on a laptop or digging into a man's back. C'mon don't tell me you don't think that when you've just had your nails done too?

Follow them on Facebook and Twitter @Beautique_12
Call 07801 909919 for an appointment










And yes this is Gaga and Mr Bennett dueting on The Lady is Tramp. A theme tune if ever I heard one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment