Thursday 21 June 2012

With a Twist of Lime Wood

This hotel and spa has been getting so much press since it opened in 2009 that I really have nothing original to say about it, so here's just my opinion; it's perfect.
Found in the heart of the New Forest, which is home-home for me, this Regency manor house does the luxury-slash-eccentric-slash-relaxed vibe down to a T. During my visit – for The Dad's 60th – I totally fell in love with the sumptuous yet off beat decor of the place and the staff. The staff were delightful. Knowledgable, easy-going, un-pretentious, charming. 
We had drinks in the orangery type room in the centre of the hotel – rumour has it that the roof slides open in glorious weather, but as this is the summer of 2012 there was no hope of that bit of excitement – and then went through to the brasserie style Scullery. Extra strong post stuffed-lunch espressos were drunk in the comfort of Max's Bar – which apparently serves the best Martinis in the Forest. Clearly this place deserves another visit. 
Another cause for a re-match is the delightful kitchen table, which includes a gorgeous oak scrubbed home-away-from-home table ensconced in the action of the busy kitchen but where eight of you can enjoy the atmosphere and be a part of the super dining experience. I can't wait to get a group of friends and go. I'm back to the Forest sticks in a fortnight so heads up crowd, we're bookin' a table.
Also, Lime Wood hosts – alongside it's sister restaurant, The Pig – Smoked & Uncut a foodie and music experience. Unfortunately I just missed the last one, but check out their website for more details. This location, a crisp Sauvignon and a great live band sounds like my perfect afternoon. 

Yes, there's a swing in the gardens. Like I could resist...


They have their own smoke house in the grounds which is seriously cute! Mum and I decided we'd be perfectly happy staying in this little tiled fairytale – obviously with the smoking off.







Lime Wood, Beaulieu Road, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7FZ, 02380 287 177 info@limewood.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment